Friday, November 25, 2016

Mannequin Challenge: Please Stop

Mannequin Challenge: Please Stop
From Wiki, ((The Mannequin Challenge is a viral Internet video trend where people remain frozen in action like mannequins while a video is recorded, usually with the song "Black Beatles" by Rae Sremmurd playing in the background. The hashtag #MannequinChallenge was used for popular social media platforms such as Twitter and Instagram. It is believed that the phenomenon was started by students in Jacksonville, Florida on October 12, 2016. The initial posting has inspired works by other groups, especially professional athletes and sports teams that have posted increasingly complex and elaborate videos. ))
So, we can blame this on Florida.
I HATE this new meme challenge. It annoys me as much as the Harlem Shake. It probably annoys me the most because this is what cool people consider memes...like the Harlem Shake. If it involves being shown on camera, the cool kids will do it. It feels like a cool kids type of meme.
I just can't understand how and why this thing got so popular. It doesn't make sense to me. It does feel like this stupid meme/challenge will get out of hand too. Because I am old, I can't understand the appeal of freezing on camera.
We got everyone from Taylor Swift to prisoners doing this annoying thing. For some reason, this really bothers me, and I am not sure why though.
Besides, the Police Squad end credits did it much better and it was more entertaining.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47