Thursday, January 12, 2017

Klymaxx - Meeting In The Ladies Room

Klymaxx - Meeting In The Ladies Room
This song is so 1984 with all its robotic beats and sound effects.  There is a certain charm with these type of dance songs.  This was when you still had to have a voice to make a hit. 
I remember really digging this song when I was a child. I didn't understand what the song was really about. Either the song is about a girl defending herself against another girl stealing her man or a girl planning on stealing another woman's man. The song can't decide.
Before TLC, there was Klymaxx. They were a 80s all female funk band that had a bunch of sexual driven songs. I always found this song to be their best one, but they have a few others I dig too. I am surprised Glee didn't do a cover of this track. 

-Why is there a shirtless guy strapped up to a machine? Are they draining his life force? Do women kidnap shirtless guys and bring them into the ladies room?
-The 80s Fanny Pack: This was a popular thing back in the 80s. This was before you were considered a douche bag and before we got man-purses.
-Objectification of men: I am all down with that, and the 80s were when we saw women in music videos do the same thing that men did in their videos...making women sex items. 
-A young Vivica A. Fox is supposed to be in the video: I can't find her.
There is a 8 minute version of this song, which I like better than the 4-5 minute version.
-The Men All Pause: This song makes a cameo in the track. This was another hit for Klymaxx.
-“I'll be your Freakazoid”: This song also makes appears. This was another hit for a group called Midnight Star.




No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47